Coordinator of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Program
The Achievement Centers for Childrens mission is to empower children and adults with disabilities and their families to achieve their greatest potential. The Achievement Centers provides comprehensive programming across 4 major areas: Family Support, Education, Therapy, and Recreation, serving over 2,500 children per year. The Headquarters are located in Highland Hills with two additional locations in Westlake and Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.
We are looking for a Coordinator for our Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Program. The Coordinator of SEL is responsible for assuring that this consultative program provides high quality services to enhance the social emotional development of preschoolers and the knowledge and skills of their teachers and parents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program, including reaching out to school districts to maintain current relationships and develop new ones.
- Provides training, coaching and modeling for teachers using the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA) as a measurement tool of student progress.
- Engages parents in the school environment through parent workshops.
- Coordinates, tracks and analyzes program data to demonstrate progress.
- Assists with grant proposals, reports, and other funding opportunities, including making presenting to potential funders.
- Provides supervision to the clinical social worker and social work interns assigned to the SEL program to promote growth and ensure a collaborative approach with the school teams.
- Oversees maintenance of documentation to ensure accountability regarding services delivered
- Participates in annual program budget planning, review, and monitoring.
- Master's degree in Education
- Intervention Certificate focused on Early Education.
- Collaborative experience with school districts.
- Experience with young children and their families.
- Experience utilizing the DECA to identify concerns, strategies and track progress.
- Experience in a preschool classroom setting.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent writing skills.
Achievement Centers for Children offers excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, flexible spending account, generous paid time off and a retirement savings 403B plan with employer contribution as well as opportunities for professional development.
The Achievement Centers for Children welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.